Sunday, March 08, 2009

SingaBore stressful?



With another mysterious death of yet another foreigner at NTU, you might start to think that either someone out there is taken the words "invaders must die" too seriously or there's some kind of curse on the campus (movie scriptwriters take note!). Nonetheless, psychologists are now saying that both "foreign workers and students here in Singapore are finding it hard to cope with stress, loneliness and alienation."

My suggestion. DON'T FUCKING COME! Solve the headache! And in some quarters, stop polluting our air with strange smells.



For those curious what is Air India, try taking the freaking North East line MRT on late Saturday night or anytime for the entire Sunday. I was an unfortunate victim of "foreigner smell warfare" last night on my way to work. There was no escape once the train reaches a certain station. Left seat, right seat, and in front of me... yakking away so fucking loud that I can still hear them with my iPod volume on maximum while listening to Children Of Bodom (extreme metal band).


And to be completely honest, my dinner almost came back out because of their signature rancid pong. I don't mean to be rude or racist but it really smells like something decomposing in the train. Comedian Russell Peters says it smells like dog shit. Anyway, there was only so much I could endure so I got of the next stop and took a cab instead. See how much fucking inconvenience the foreign invasion is causing our own citizens?

In time to come, I won't be surprise that our MRT ends up like...


"Camera in front, quick, strike a brooding pose!"

And we'd probably also have to erect signs like such all over the island because of the huge tsunami of China workers that have flooded the state.



You may say I'm trying to be sarcastic. Sure, but I've seen with my own eyes, a China national inside a HDB lift, spitting his imported-from-China phlegm. Right then and there, with other people inside. And despite getting "the look" from the rest of us, he did an encore. Bloody uncouth bumpkins!

********************

Lately, most of my friends have been complaining about their work and how stupid their upper management is. Seriously, whatelse is new? We've already concluded that most bosses are BOSSES because they own the company and not because they really have what it takes to be a REAL BUSINESS ENTREPRENEUR.



Being in a society where everything is sanitized and controlled by a higher authority, most SingaBoreans develop tunnel vision. All they'll ever know is limited and they won't bother to climb out to see what they're really missing. They're contented and life's breezy. Tra-la-la. Sounds like the Smurfs, eh?

I've witness for myself how some companies are just like Liverpool FC. They get all fired up and excited to secure a talent (Robbie Keane), and then once under their employment, benched the talent because the boss says he's not up to standard. Then why the fuck spend the money to secure the talent in the first place? I'm not naming names but those that have worked with me before know what I'm talking about. See what I mean when I say soccer is not just about scoring goals? You tend to see those managerial mistakes being made over and over, year after year... why? Just because you're the BOSS doesn't mean you're making the right decisions. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home