Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stupid as stupid does...

SMS text message : "Hey Yukun, you going to WWF this weekend?"

[Pause for thought. WWF as in...?]


Oh, not the wrestling thing! Stupid me to get confused with the organizers "novel" play of words. The WorldWide Festival thing. Nah, doesn't interest me one bit. Sorry, really losing interest in all this DJing and club stuff. Nothing there that's overwhelmingly interesting to catch either... and to be completely honest, I've got better things to do today. Won't be missing much anyway. Won't die, if you know what I mean. It's still SingaBore to me!

Speaking of stupidity... here are some funnies on the retail front :

1. Guy asked if we carry any House music CDs. We recommended Hed Kandi series. He takes a listen and then says, "you got more powerful type of House like Tiesto?"

2. Woman comes up with handphone, plays the ringtone and asks, "do you know this song? Have CD or not?" I glance at the display, and reply... "Beautiful Girl". She promptly reacted... "Wah, you know ah?"

3. Woman opens up a CD and put her ear to it. I asked if I can be of any assistance. "Oh, it's OK, I'm just trying to take a listen."

4. Ah Beng walks in... "hello, you got Total Recall, the techno CD or not?" Being an asshole, I asked where he heard about it. "I no-no, my friend download one."

5. Eldely couple walks in, "excuse me, we don't know the title or singer and we forgot how the song goes but maybe you know."

6. Man comes to the counter and hums some inaudible melody. "You got that song?"

7. Mid-age woman comes into the store... "excuse ah, where got food court?"

Thus explains the level of ignorance and stupidity that continues to reign supreme amongst most Singaporeans. So are we really world-standard in terms of being a developed country. Fuck no... not when the people think like fucking idiots!

"Wah, tonight got WFF leh! Don't know what it is but most be good lor!"

DUH!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger C0rnelius said...

Wahahaha!
I got those all the time last time too!!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Les said...

oh it's unfortunate for me that the majority in my social circle don't even know about the WWF going on but they go crazy over Steve Aoki, Tiesto or Thailand's full moon party. which is just fucking sad mannnn.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

i personally think WWF is a cheap play of words. like i said, they dunno doesn't matter anyways, not missing out on anything that WOMAD has not done in years prior to this.

it's not overwhelming life-changing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home