Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This is a public service announcement...


I've been "asked" to do this, so bear with me...

Illegal sharing is killing quality music! The small independent labels need income to run the business. When they cannot survive, the musical development is in danger.

That's true until you read between the lines. The small labels CAN'T afford to hire big time law firms to take civil action against digital music piracy. But seriously, the reason why the current music scene is so full of urban R&B and Hip Hop is because we basically killed off the good labels that were giving us GREAT music. All those years of using P2P to download music for free has taken it's toll. Now we're left with giant record companies who are profit-driven and continue to infest us with utter Rubbish & Bullocks (R&B) for the current generation of pseudo-african-americans.



OK, I may not be the RIGHT person to preach about Intellectual Property Rights... because... (I can't say much). :p

I've one question that bugs me though : Let just say, for the sake of argument, I'm all for the legality of this issue. If I buy a CD and a friend borrows it... and he makes a copy without me knowing, does that make me an accomplice to the crime? If that's the case, then I've got to apologize to all my friends (and acquaintances) for not EVER going to lend any of my CDs (or DVDs) ever again. And don't bother asking me to "burn" you any music either. Don't ask me to break the law... unless you don't mind the music to be in the bitrate of 192kpbs.... which technically is way below the industry's digital distribution bitrate standard of 320kpbs... thereby giving me some argumentative point and legality loop-hole to rebuttal should the occasion require me to do so.

*snigger*

Fine fine... respect the artistes, respect their music... but for fuck's sake don't tell me piracy funds terrorism like the anti-piracy campaign in Europe does. I don't think Osama bin Laden and the Al Queda are interested in any form of entertainment from the capitalist infidels.


And yes, I would steal a hangbag / wallet, or a car, or a DVD, or anything of considerable value for that matter. Wouldn't you do likewise if the opportunity presented itself? Honesty pays? Since when?

2 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger adr3n said...

I prefer stealing from THE VAULT! *sniggers*

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

well... it's not "stealing" if you're given access, is it? technically. after all, the things inside are "mine". technically also.

*sheepish snigger*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home