Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A new dawn has come...


And so I begin a brand new journey tomorrow... away from the late nights, away from the clubbing industry... and back into the music industry... this time, hopefully to gain back some normalities into my life. I may still grace the decks on ad hoc basis if the opportunity comes along back that will no longer be my priority. Thank you all for the really memorable years and the awesome support... you know who you are. We had some pretty great times together and the road was amazing to say the least. Till we meet again... be safe now!

5-DAY WORK WEEK... SWEET!

And here's why I think most Singapore are damn COCK. First question I get is... "so you're in retail now, I go got discount or not?" Apparently, some fuckers are still living under a rock. I said MUSIC RETAIL CHAIN, not Bugis Village night market or roadside Durian stall. Try going into a 7-11 convenient store and ask for a discount. Well, you're at it... knock yourself out at CK Tang as well. Singaporeans indeed!

"Excuse me ah, storewide discount is 20% is it?"

"Erm, yah... the posters are plastered all over the shop, right?"

"No lah, asking mah. Must confirm mah!"

Self thought : "ok, I thought you CAN'T READ!"

********************


And strange how bad things come in a bunch... so does the good! I thought I had lost my Lush Mix for May which meant a lot to me because I made it after coming back and inspired from the wonderful Huahin trip. Broadcast is due the last Saturday of the month, and I meant to redo it this weekend... and as strangely as the master CD went missing, it emerged today out of the blue! :)

After the Lush broadcast, the mix will be up in my podcast. For those heading off for their resort holiday break... this one's for you... the original sun-drenched downtempo sounds of what Cafe Del Mar is about. The ideal soundtrack to soak by the pool / jacuzzi with a bottle of champagne and watch the sun set into the horizon. Don't bother trying this at East Coast or Sentosa... seriously... our beaches MEGA SUCK!

Speaking of which, my next destination... The Racha @ Phuket :)

9 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger kaicid said...

best wishes for the new path travelled..........

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

Cheers, mate...

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

Gramophone, dude... but going to headoffice first for briefing and stuff. after a few days will be posted on one of the outlets for attachment.

i know the cathay one sells collector vinyls like rock albums and stuff :) yeah me!

dvd retail, anyone? wahoooo...!!!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger kaicid said...

well let me know if got good collector stuff like EITS vinyls etc hahaha.

anyway Racha is a good choice mate!

enjoy enjoy that getaway soon

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger razaq said...

go work wear shirt and pants.... take photo can?? and post??

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger adr3n said...

lol...

Hua Hin in Sept!!!!!!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

no shirt and pants... i rather not work if i had to be in a monkey suit... wahahahahha...

btw, Cathay branch got way too many HITCH dvds... as of 8pm when i check their backend report.

tell secret... join as VIP for $300... refundable if you opt out after 6 month. 20% of everything, including titles that are already on discount. Good hor?

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger razaq said...

let me know who are the girls buying HITCH. I'll come join as Member. $300 get bottle, No-queue, members area? Free mixer?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

hahaha... you working in the night industry tooooooo long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home