Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm a happy camper today!


Fans of Anime can savour the re-release (with design / storyboard / visual fine-tuning) of Evangelion 1.0.  The DVD of "1.01" was released in Japan on 25 April and sold 219000 copies within a week, a testament of this series' cult status.  Oh... trivial... Utada Hikaru's "Fly Me To The Moon" is found here as well.  

The Code 3 DVD is out this week in Singapore and I'm holding a copy of it.  It's the very series that introduced me into the world of Anime back in 1998.  I'm off today (Friday) and I know who's going to conquer the TV in a few minutes with a stack of new DVD releases, a huge bag of potato chips and Asahi Beer.

To have time to kick back and enjoy life without any work frustrations (and dealing with out-of-sync top brass) is what I've been missing so much.  Suddenly, life is good again without idiocies.  Tra-la-la!

And interestingly, my employer GAVE (not loan) me a Blu-Ray player.

"It's yours to keep, since you're going to need one sooner or later."

  1. I wonder if it's too much to ask for a plasma TV as well? :p

I'm expected to be on-top of what every new Blu-Ray title offers in terms of features, footages and quality. This is, of course, is to be done in my own free time at home so that I can help share the product knowledge with the team and push our visual sales higher. DVDs / Blu-Rays out sell music CDs 5:1, so you can imagine where the market is heading. Not too shabby, eh? I get paid to watch movies... oh, and to KEEP THE MOVIE DISCS AS WELL!  It's so nice to be appreciated for once without all the fluffy "lets-work-something-out" promises, hypocrisies and the torture of working on "cannot-make-it" ideas.

Today, I'm to "review" the following...

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger razaq said...

Jager-Bomb and Sambuca doesn't taste nice anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home