Saturday, September 27, 2008

Zzzz...


Damn tired... don't know why. But I know I'm going to sleep the entire day... stay tune for this week's updates and TWO podcast episodes to follow.

Chivas @ RVP was one of it's kind, eh? But Singaporeans still need to open up to be more receptive to music that they've not heard instead of letting the ang mohs punters lead the way all the bloody time and the locals basically "monkey see monkey do". Stop being such clueless mimickers. It's embarrassing enough when some idiot comes up to me and say, "nice techno set you played." Me, techno? Unthinkable.

Oh and for those people last night that were trying to reach me by my handphone. Sorry, it's a MUST-DO ritual for me to switch my phone off when I'm on set. Reason? It's distracting plus I get to ignore any stupid SMS-song requests from imbeciles. Those that complained the queue was long? Come earlier instead of being so traditionally Singaporean... arriving at the last minute.

"How come you finish playing already?"

Hello... look at the fucking time, will you? I'm just warming up for the main act which I personally think brought an interesting perspective in terms of merging "live" music with electronic.

"Can you get me into the VIP area?"
"Can you help me cut the queue?"
"Can you bring me backstage to meet the band?"

Do I look like the HOST to you? My father's name Chivas Regal is it? Use your brain can? Already said how many fucking times... it's not my event. I'm just booked to DJ for them. I don't have such privileges like those of a KING or something.

"Later you DJ again, lah!"

Later I go home and sleep while you stagger to find a cab.

"Why you play familiar tunes again?"

I'm paid for the job and the organizer came up and ask me to switch to more familiar tunes... because the earlier portion of NEWER material draw BLUR-LIKE-FUCK faces from the punters. The paymaster wants, the paymaster gets. Simple enough an explanation? I'm not a bedroom DJ who goes to play a gig and self-indulge without being bothered if the audience is digging it or not. Speaking of irritating... I really hate NOOB (Traktor) DJs like the one before me. Fucking attention seeker who stands in the DJ booth all the way while Chicane is on stage? And while I was helping Aldrin hook up his Serato box, last thing I need is for the NOOB and his I-also-want-to-do sidekick to stand in my way and ADVISING me what to do. My advise back to you? Give it up. You don't have the persona or etiquette to be a DJ at all.

The most evident proof that some Singaporeans are not only ignorant but also at the same time, too goddamn "act smart"... as I was exiting from the stage area, some guy stop me and ask "is Yukun still on stage, my friends and me want to say "hi".

"I think he's still in there. Why don't you wait for him here. He should be coming out soon."

And I left. S.U.C.K.E.R.S.

Enough bitching about ignorant and socially-ugly Singaporeans... I need some more shut-eye.

********************


"You going F1?"

My answer : "Nah... Every day during peak hours, Newton Circus also have."

"Huh? That's not the same!"

"I beg to differ but I'd say it is the bloody same! Basically it's just a bunch of cars going round in circles and jostling to overtake each other, except that in this case, the cars are cheaper, slower, less noisy and more practical."

OWNED!

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Progressive Tuition said...

event was fun-tasssssssssssstick!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger razaq said...

hah!! I know that Traktor DJ, the mutha-farker-who-didn't-get-nowhere-but-thinks-he's-somewhere.......
he said, "yukun my bro la we tight..." - hahahahaha - tight use 3M scotch tape.........

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

tight? ask him go stick his thumb in his own anus... it's tighter there.

i dun even farking know his name. not that i want to anyway. DJ FARK-ING IRRI-TANT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home