Friday, February 22, 2008

Spare me your narrow-mindedness!



I know I don't possess a diploma, a degree or some fanciful piece of qualification... but in all honesty, so bloody what? No amount of money can buy what I've learned and experienced through the many years of WORKING THE GROUND. I don't claim to be guru either but I'd put my money where my mouth is when it comes to issues regarding club / electronic music marketing. For one, I'm extremely keen on EVER-CHANGING market trends and the various EVOLVING media platforms. At least I've bothered to research into the many impact(s) each particular medium has.

Some people question my PROFESSIONALISM. Well... I'll like to take a 5-year-plus club night institution (Progressions) that I co-created / marketed... and bitch slap whoever back into the rock they were originally residing under! I've been in the line for well over 10 years. I'd like to remind everyone that YUKUN IS NOT JUST A DJ. Don't let your own self-centred perspectives blind the truth... and stop kidding yourself either. Promoting a club that sells the cheapest drinks in town is NO ROCKET SCIENCE. It's not an achievement to begin with. It's a no-brainer.



One thing I cannot stand in life is people having "tunnel vision". The very issue of not wanting to climb out of one's little claustrophobic little box, admitting the truth and rectify their own faults of not being able to catch up with the "sign of the times".

Life's a never-ending learning experience. And today, I'm glad to be reminded ONCE AGAIN... never to stick my neck out where it doesn't belong. If it's not MY JOB, don't even bother to suggest anything at all. After all, in the eyes of many... I'm "only a DJ". If you still don't know my strength by now... please go ahead with concentrating on the little microscopic matters that have little / no impact whatsoever. Don't disturb me further and runi my mood. I've got a few oversea trips to plan towards.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home