Saturday, September 29, 2007

It was surreal...


It's pretty fun to go mad once in a while, and last night was one of such rare occasions... especially with all the personal issues and zero morale state that has been dogging me the past few weeks. It took a lot for me to put my worries and concerns for my dad aside and to step up at 1.30am to DJ to a really appreciative audience, friends and long-time mates. Thank you all for the continued belief, encouragement and support. Without you, Yukun is nothing. Big ups to Benesia and JonG... and Razaq for those shots of... was it Sex On The Beach? The Denon boys were a laugh! All in all, last night's crowd and party was surreal... and it's always nice to meet new faces as well as the mates that have stuck with me all these while... and it's a good thing to constantly see new folks being initiated into our nice "little" trance community.

Woke up feeling kind of hazy, buzzing and dazed (pun intended)... and facing a hard slap of reality. I've to resume my responsibility of looking after my dad today. Thankfully, I've taking the time off from work today. Last night, I had a reason to "cowboy-up", tonight I don't! So in way, it's good that I'm spared the ordeal again... of having to go through the motion and play to a room of music-retarded transient "people"... or worse, to deal with over-enthusiastic name-dropping pricks. Comparing that with yesterday's experience, Dazed Out was like a glimpse of heaven... happy people, happy vibes... and a GREAT END to a great night with people still on the floor even though the main lights came on at 3am. Now it's a party... PROPER! With none of the DJs fucking up a single mix or jumping around like chimpanzees on acid or create a post-nuclear mess in the DJ booth.



"You make the world better." - Simon

You're too kind!

Even my bar supervisor Vince came up to me and said, he had fun and has been craving for a proper night like this when his bar is pushed to the limit... to clock in sales (not freeflow). And to the outlet's Assistant Manager Adrian... happy birthday in advance and thank you for your efforts too! Happy hangover! We have a good team, just need the right pivotal motivation factors. Agenda met, point proven. Don't have to have a huge redundant mailing list or have freeflow to entice cheapskate fuckers or tie in god-knows-who. Just have to listen to the consumers. Then again, I'm not about to release all the little trade secrets either. Yeah, to some "people", I'm a bloody bastard. Whatever. *zipping up*

Nice to know, from phone messages, that quite a few of you are nursing a hangover. It's a good thing.


"Hangover rabak! Working now when my eyes are still @@" - Ian

It was memorable, to say the least. Till the next Dazed Out in October... THANK YOU and YOU and YOU!!! I'm going back to sleep... will need a hot bowl of soup later when I get up.

p/s it might be a Halloween special!

"Last night was awesome! Please keep me in the loop for future events like last night's." - Jeremy Thia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home