Thursday, August 30, 2007

Apes, idiots and hot air!

I know I promised to be nice and "socially correct", but I can't help it when I see stupidity running rampant. Back in the "old" days, if we know a certain DJ is way more polished and superior in every department imaginable, we wouldn't even dream of introducing ourselves as DJs, and we wouldn't have the balls to showcase ourselves, let alone ask them to play with us back-to-back. We knew where we stood and we respected the fact that there's always someone better. But today, it's a different thing altogether. DJs who can hardly mix effortlessly are talking louder (i.e. bull crap) than the DJs that can mix seamlessly... blindfolded while downing a tray of Sex-On-The-Beach and playing poker all at the same time! Much as I'm considered a veteran, I still have peers that I look up to and respect very much. They pathed the way. Kids today simply just don't get it at all. To put it bluntly... YOU SUCK AND I CAN MIX BETTER THAN YOU. SO CHECK THE ARROGANCE AT THE DOOR. I don't give a flying fuck, to be honest!

Also, funny thing is that when one looks for a mentor, you'd expect the mentor to be someone who has a string of achievement, successes, experience and reputation. i.e. Andrew Chow, Aldrin...

But no... nowadays, eager beavers who can hardly hold a mix decently are already becoming "instructors". What the hell is wrong with the world nowadays? Firstly, they not only lack the necessary skills, they also lack the years of experience and know-how. Most importantly, they suck and they rank right at the bottom of the seabed. Period. So what kind of students you get?

Dumb and dumber!

Thus the decline of the DJ culture as we know it. How fucked-up is that? Personally, some of these "DJs" are not ready yet to even play out to the public. It's actually a miracle how some of them actually score gigs. It's really painful listening to some of them. Speaking of which, I need to go and shit now.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger kaicid said...

wah you seem to have a knack for attracting this sort of "things" man. you need to be cleanse of all these bullshite encounters!

it took me 7 years before i consider myself good enuff to play out. even then i still have such a long way to go...........

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Benesia said...

No worries! I read tht a NEW reality TV on DJ is abt to be shown....

I think probably time to kick off those shoes and hide underground liao...

Popularity DJ rockz!!! Lets put our hands up in the air!!!!

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

In the first place... the said people that I'm referring to in the post are not even "popular". Then again, with the path that they're on, I bet my bottom dollar that they'll never be "popular"... ever!

Yah, I seem to attract such crap. And it's true that the struggle with the craft is being made a mockery by such jabronis. That's what pisses me off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home