Monday, August 27, 2007

An Ableton Weekend...


Finally completed a 70-min-plus Ableton mix of 25 tracks... each lasting about 3 minutes each with the usual slicing, dicing, layering and drop-in's. Started the mapping and shit since Sunday noon... finalized and "flattening" the mix as I type this entry. If I had used my own stupid PC laptop, with the amount of stress (and hours) I was pushing the software, it would've ended up like the above picture. Thankfully, I managed to get my hands on a 3-year-old "suped-up" PowerMac for loan over the weekend.

Anyway, a handful of the promotional CD will be given out randomly at this coming Friday's party (see below). Sorry, no Tiesto tunes or "pretentious dirty trance" inside... wahahahaha!

"The grabbing hands, grab all they can..."

Included in it are some of the less obvious trance names that I've been canning for the longest time; like M.I.D.O.R., John O'Callaghan, Greg Downey, Bryan Kearney, Steve Birch, Activa and Kimoto Lopez. I didn't want it to be promo bursting of "big" tunes that people either have heard of or already know. The whole point is for it be a platform for you to sample the other good stuff that are otherwise ignored just because the "big names" don't play them. Maybe it's time trance went back to the underground... screw the polls!

4 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger razaq said...

If I were a real Trance-lover, I'd be spoilt for choice. all the 'hands-in-the-air', big trance tunes- I'd go to Progressions Party, all the 'underground'/hands-in-the-pocket tunes...... I'll be at eM on Dazed Out....... GOOD TUNES ARE GOOD TUNES; THE GENRE DOESN'T MATTER... unless its jumping monkeys playing.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

I agree. My personal fave pick-me-up tune till now... Samantha James' "Rise". Don't care what mixes... anyone will do...

The other being the housey take of "Ride Like The Wind".

When all fails... give me anything by Colette.

As for jumping monkeys... already said my piece. Personally, monkeys should be locked up.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Benesia said...

I WANT A COPY!!!

enuf said....

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

How badly do you want a copy?


mwahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home