Sunday, August 26, 2007

Updates This Week

[Click on flyer to enlarge]


Strictly by invite and guestlist only.
Email
Yukun for guestlist by 30th August (Friday).


eM Studio's monthly trance outing is back once again to tease your senses with even more quality progressive house / trance tunes. This is about you, your good friends, awesome music and a generally unforgettable vibe. And this month, we're hooking up with Deyokan, the 1st runner-up of Thirst Studio 2006. Get up, gear up and get down!

Club website HERE.
DJs sites : Dekoyan / Benesia / Yukun


********************



29 August 2007 - Private Reserve (Show 71)
LUSH 99.5FM, 8pm.

01. DEYAMPERT feat. DESNEY BAILEY – The Sweetest Delusion
02. RICCARDO EBERSPACHER – Light Signs
03. GERD – Seduce Me
04. NOMADIX – Chura Liya
05. JAZZANOVA feat. CLARA HILL – No Use
06. CHRISTOPHE GOZE – For Your Love
07. ESOINJIM – Halcyone Days
08. ALICE RUSSELL – I’m Just Here (Windham Earl Remix)
09. LOUNGECHIC PRODUCTIONS – Gotta Do It
10. EL GRECO – Siamese Show
11. SANDBOY – Viver (Butti 49 Re-Fusion Mix)
12. MINUS 8 faet. SHARON HARRIS – Pussycat
13. FLUFF – Inside The Mind Of Me


"Musically refined..."

********************



Guess what's coming out on the Sony PSP? Ableton!!! FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK YEAAAHH!!! Now I really need to go buy more 4GB memory sticks. Jeez whiz... CDRs are really on the way out, aren't there? In the near future, clubs and DJs will be equipped with just a bunch of portable hard-drives, some flash cards and memory sticks. Vinyls? Sorry, come again? I vaguely remember them... :p

********************



Started work on a new Ableton promotional megamix. 25% done. Hopefully can be completed before this Friday's party and have a bunch to pass out to the punters...

:) *sweat*


********************


Yesterday, I was posed this question. What makes a good DJ? A showboater, a technical one or a purist? Well, a purist can fuck off for all I care. For a DJ that's technically tight and confident, he/she have all the time in the world to showboat. So does showmanship and flair impress me at all? Not a single bit. I think it's over-rated. It doesn't make any DJ great because he/she has flair. The chimpanzees in the zoo have flair too, but does that make them DJs? No. Technical brilliance on the other hand, is about sheer hardwork, effort, creativity and natural skills. Personally, anyone can be a monkey in the DJ booth but when it comes to good mixing of tunes, that's what seperates the heavyweights from the "trying-to-be's".

Thus I was never impress with the hype surrounding the likes of Tiesto. He can't even string two tracks together without making a mess (harmonically and tempo-wise). And I for one don't enjoy listening to bad mixing. I don't have the patience for it and I don't find it funny either. It took me THREE years after learning on my own what mixing was about before I scored my first gig. Simply because I wanted to be 101% sure that I'll not fuck-up in the mixing department. In those days, every one of my peers trained hard to one-up each other. From bar-mixing to tricks, from harmonic phasing to scratching, from seamless mixing to megamixing. Nowadays, the reason the scene is so fucked-up is because we have jabronis who think they're DJs just because they can barely string a couple of big tunes together, swing their arms in the air and jump around as if they have ants in their pants. They've taking the art, which some of us take very seriously, and made a complete mockery out of it.


Thank you, bloody buttholes! I think I should be less diplomatic from now on and say you suck instead of giving you a pretentious thumbs-up. And don't get me started with those "Start/Stop" DJs. If any of you're reading this and think that it's directed at you, please lock yourself up for like 3 years or so, polish up your craft before you step back into a DJ booth. Maybe then you'll earn some respect from us. Last thing anyone really wants to see is a retarded homo-sapien behind the decks mixing like you're having diarrhoea . So there! I said it! I've finally got it off my chest. Sorry if the brutal truth hurts anyone's over-sized egos. Hopefully this will pull some of you back to earth, and to realise that some people are not really cut out for it. But if you still insist otherwise, try reading...



And when all fails and you really cannot-make-it but still have the sickening urge for attention, fame and what-nots, fret not because you can then take those monkeying antics and try your hand at being complete idiots... watch the following, it might help. Hahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home