Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Gone too soon.


Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night


I shouldn't have watched the Michael Jackson memorial... now my eyes are puffy and red! I don't fare too well at funerals and I don't really know how to say goodbye. How hard it was for me to put up a false front at both my grandparents' funeral so that I could be the pillar for my mother... when inside I'm so torn up and lost. How much of an emotional rollercoaster I had to go through when my dad went for his triple bypass late last year... just to be the source of strength for my sister and mother.

Like most people, I fear death. And it does scare me to think of the day or the way I'll go when the time comes. But we all have to go eventually. The journey has to end. In a way, I'm glad I'm living in an era of TWO great icons that I truly respect.

Princess Diana and MJ.

Both of which were such great humanitarians. They were selfless in their pursuit of their causes and were yet persecuted in ways we can never understand. They gave the world so much and yet were struck down by detractors. They were victims and yet they fought on.

To live a life that meant something to others throughout the world, I think that's speaks volumes in terms of achievements. And that's something not many can say they are capable of. So to see so many people give their heartfelt eulogies and testimonials to a fallen "king", goodbye becomes such a painful word to say. We will continue to love the fact that he did change the world in same ways and he did touch the lives of millions across the globe... and we will also mourn the fact that he is GONE TOO SOON.

As the world bid you a tearful farewell, we also thank you for your heart, your music and memories.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home