Monday, January 26, 2009

Why I hate family gatherings and CNY...



Reunion dinners, Chinese New Year visitations... it's always the same old questions every year for the past god-only-knows-how-many-years. That's why I dread and don't bother with the customs and practises of the festive season.

"What you working as now?"
"Wah, can survive meh?"
"Married?"
"Huh? Really? Then now settle the issue already?"
"Then got girlfriend?"

Intrusive and bothersome questions. Which I think is really pointless in the first place. Such visits should start with "Hi, long time to see" and end right after with "make yourself at home". Don't bother me there after. I'm fine sitting there staring at the TV which is incidentally showing crap that you would associate with Chinese New Year... shitty Mandarin variety shows.

Thank God I'm fucking off this year. Don't really see what the big fucking deal it is anyway. It's just another day in a city of uber-pointlessness!

1 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Blogger adr3n said...

At least you can get ang pows again!!!! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home