Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm not harder or any faster...

A few queries asking if I have dived into the harder and faster stylings. No I haven't. And I've no intention either because "banging" is not what trance music is about. Trance is about induction and if you don't understand what that is, you're missing the entire point altogether. I'm not going to bother to provide an indepth thesis either. All I can say is that I can never understand those bouncy produced-on-Atari "hard" cheddar.

Also, a recent review of my track contribution for the recent Dbl O relaunch CD :

"...a departure from his usual euphoric trance repertoire with a dated synth-pop feel to it. No crescendo of soaring synths here."

Well, obviously the reviewer has not been listening to the past TSOP shows or any of my longer sets. The euphoric stuff is only a part of the overall scheme of things. And to be quite honest, P@t
and me have personally moved away from the usual soaring big room trance sounds and are very much into the tech sounds from Gareth Emery's new label stuff (Tekelec).

Anyway, it's common to be misunderstood. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Technically. Though not necessary correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home