Monday, December 25, 2006

Another disappointment...


Against my better judgement, I went clubbing on Christmas Eve. In my humble opinion, I would politely described the entire affair to be a middle-sized bottle of bland-tasting WEAK SAUCE! Chalk one more on the wall... for yet another international that doesn't really deliver up to the "hype". No disrespect thus I won't go on about it either. Perhaps it's one of his off days. I should continue to stick to the "been there, done it" philosophy so that I don't get disappointed over and over again. Others will beg to defer of course... especially those that are overly eager and have a tendency to worship false icons blindly. Anyway, whatever. Thankfully, there were several other good moments for me during this Christmas Eve.

Notably, I still think Christmas here is nothing but stupid and over-rated. I walked down Orchard Road earlier and what do you have? People spreading the "good cheer" by spraying each other with party sprays. Sure, it's all in the spirit of good fun and I know we don't have the luxury of snowballs... but it just reinforces the fact that Christmas is totally redundant especially in a country like such. How inappropriate can you get when choirs along the street sing "chestnut roasting on the fireplace" and "dreaming of a white christmas"? Can someone go localized those non-applicable carols, please?

i.e. "Have yourself a 7% increase" to the tune of "Have Yourself A Merry Little X'mas"

Personally, I've always preferred New Year's Eve. It's much more meaningful and symbolic. Not that I'm anti-christ or anything. Just that with the coming of the New Year, it marks the end of past experiences (good or bad); and the arrival of new promises with the hope of a better tomorrow. With that I'd like to wish you all the very best for the New Year. And sadly and most untimingly...

Rest in peace, James Brown. You'll be remembered.
Time to go make God phunky!

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

sure there are more bars and clubs now... but if you strip down all that glam-glam glitter and marketing hype... there is nothing much really.

Clinic is erm... what i would phrase as... "THE POINT BEING?"

Don't we already have enuff WUSSY HOUSE MUSIC clubs and the oh-so-cool-to-be-seen bars?

Nuff said... I need to go listen to Jimmy Van M's "Balance 010" now before I go off into another tangent again.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

go buy yourself a copy of Jimmy Van M's "Balance 10"... trust me on this one. it's an EDM gem! not made for the dancefloor. It's made for the mind.

as for clinic, it's suppose to be playing "true house music"... watever the flying f**k that means. like it really matters...

maybe it was maxi priest, trying to find his new groove?

oh man... it's a wild world! ahahaha!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

WTF? A possessed rasta? Maybe he was on a really bad acid trip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home