Monday, August 24, 2009

You got cough!



A couple of important things I need to REINFORCE today based on what happened to me today. I was supposed to go for my health screening this morning at Hougang Polyclinic. At the entrance, I was asked if I had any sickness and etc. I've been having this dry cough (i.e. no phlegm) for several days so I declared it... thinking that honesty was the best policy (NOT!). My temperature was taken (35.8 normal) and I was directed to the "RED STICKER" area... people with flu symptoms.

The INDIAN admin woman took my appointment card and immediately say, "Sorry, you got cough, cannot go for health screening."

Let me set the record straight. I'm not racist against the darker skin but WHY are most of them so dense? You judge for yourself...

"Huh? I've a dry cough. No phlegm. I don't have flu."
"Sorry sir, got cough, cannot go for health screening."
"Err... is that the doctor's instruction or your own diagnosis?"
"Sir, you're sick, so cannot go into the clinic."
"What? First of all I'm not sick."
"Sir, don't be agitated."

HOW NOT TO BE ANGRY when you're talking to someone who doesn't have a fucking brain at all? She's only an administrative staff and she's playing doctor! Anyway...

"Even if I'm sick, isn't the clinic for sick people?"
"Correct sir, but you got cough with no phlegm, possibly H1N1 case."

EXCUSE ME? Has the strain mutated? Are there new symptoms that we're not informed of? Cough with no phlegm a possible H1N1 symptom? What the fuck?

"Huh? OK, fuck it. Can I change my appointment then?"
"Sir, don't use such language."
"Hello, you discipline mistress or something?"
"Sorry sir, you can come back when you recover from cough."
"What? Come back just to change the appointment?"
"Yes, sir."
"Can't I change now?"
"Sorry sir, I'm not in-charged of that."
"Then who is?"
"The admin on the 3rd floor."
"Can I go there then?"
"No sir, cannot. You got cough."

It's damn fucking amazing isn't it. The sort of retards that get employed to do front-line service. If a clinic forbids sick people to go in, then what the fuck is the clinic for? What's the point of privatizing health care when the people they employ are as stupid and rigid as civil servants? I know everyone works within guidelines and instructions... but to ask me to come back again JUST TO MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT?

Lesson learnt. Never be honest. Lie if you must. The truth gets you nowhere. Most people can't HANDLE THE TRUTH! So lying is the way to go. You're happy, and the other people are happy... as long as they hear what they WANT TO HEAR.

This world is truly fucked when we have idiots running it. Nowadays, even drinking beer will get you caned in some countries.
.. no thanks to some over zealous "religious" leaders. That's why I say religion man-made and it's pointless. Atheism is the way to go.

Fucking bad start to a new week. Fuck fuck fuck!


"Oh nooooo... Yukun got cough! Cannot go in!!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home