Saturday, December 20, 2008

I so influencial meh?


Much as I wish for people to take me seriously, at the same time, I like having to portray this discontented and warped persona here. And it goes without saying that some will misconstrue many of my postings and intent.

Like a broken record, I constantly bitch about the club scene here as sorely lacking and the so-called "trance following" as "not able to move beyond Tiesto and the other big names and downloaded internet shows". But at the same time, I acknowledge that there's a dedicated community for each and every genre of non-mainstream club music.

If so, then why am I and my partners less active in terms of setting up gigs like before? One thing for sure, is that we've stopped believing in "sowing the seeds" and "building the scene". Those are tiring years which we've decided to leave behind. Today, it's about reality and catering to where the money (and demand) is.

Are we jaded?

Not really. We're still doing what we love in the first place and that's the art form of DJing. Musically, some of us have gone back to our initial roots when we first started out as there's a lucrative demand for it. We ain't purists. We actually embrace a whole range of music beyond what people know us for. I think if anyone actually browse through my iPod, they would be drawing many question marks.

Are we tired?

Yes we are. Tired of trying to "convert", "convince" and to "make a statement". There's no point in proving anything anymore. Proving a point doesn't pay any bills. If people still think "Traffic" as Trance. So be it. We'll just snigger behind their backs and drink our beer. If people cannot move beyond the PREDICTABLE euphoric stuff and embrace the current direction trance has gone into... too fucking bad. Not that we care anyway.

To conclude, we're somewhat resigning to the fact the matter and accepting things the way there are. We're now more concerned about the business aspect of it. Have we sold out? Depends on which side of the face you're standing on.

So for those that are somewhat affected by my blogsite, thanks for reinforcing the fact that I can still somehow have some kind of influence over others. But don't be disillusioned with things (and life). Go with the flow. As Bruce Lee said... BE WATER, MY FRIEND.

Perhaps I should hang out more often and let others have the chance to figure out the difference between THIS persona and the real person behind it. Err... then again, the point being?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home