Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting back into the program...


Thanks for all the really crappy demo mixed CDs that some "still-aspiring-for-years" DJs have sent me! They've inspired me to pick myself off my arse and do a much over-due mix of my own. And against my better judgement, I'm going old-skool on this one this weekend - making use of a mate's home studio and do it "live" on the CDJ1000s and then try to edit out all the horrid out-of-sync mistakes. God knows how many times I'll be doing it. I'd probably get really sick of the entire mix before it's done. Alas, that's how it was back in the day when the word "digital" was totally unheard of and "compact disc" were an luxury item.

Also, it'll give me some momentum as we head towards the Chivas Live party. I've got a bunch of drummers coming to jam alongside so beat-matching will have to be pretty spot-on, eh? Hope everyone drinks excessively to block out the ruckus :p

Sorry I won't be burning the mix out on CDRs. It'll go straight into my podcast. Go green, you know? Watch this space for an update on the mix (mine, that is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home