Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What I got for Xmas...



This Christmas, I received a scarf, an iPod Touch, a champagne and bucket set, a carton of Budweiser, two tubs of kisses, a Bart Simpson plush, a barrel of hugs, a champagne and truffles set, a bunny, a USB panic button and finally a Porche 911 Carrera. AS IF! That's from friends and loved ones in Facebook.

Seriously now. What I got was the Tickle-Me-Xtreme Elmo. It's one-year late, claims the giver... but better late than never. Just a few hours ago, it was unwrapped for it's debut "afternoon matinee", and it got everyone at home laughing hilariously for no apparent reason at all. My dad was almost in tears just watching the darn thing tumble around. My mom was frantically pushing all the "tickle" points, trying to kill it, I think. Personally, it's a damn good cure for boredom, stress and unhappiness. I guess I'll be playing with it quite often then.

The other gift was the graphic adaption of the Beowulf screenplay. I haven't seen the movie nor do I really quite know what it's about either. Sure I've always been a comic/manga book fan/collector, and I do buy and an occassional read every now and then, but I've been so seriously out of touch for years. Nonetheless, I'm sure it'll come in handy on one of these lazy weekends. Damn, I almost forgot how fun it is to be absorbed into comics. The smell of the print brings back such great "teenage" memories.

It's been a really quiet Christmas. Last year, I spent the eve with relatives and family over a great dinner spread, wine and conversation. This year's eve was completely pointless, redundant and downright pathetic! Really don't see the fucking point in a Christmas countdown (or a Christmas party, for that matter). And then there's some stupid staff party to attend later. Cohesiveness and morale-boosting is not achieved via such stupid narrow-minded ideas. Madonna once sang, "it's a material world". Take a page out from there, please! No one really cares much about buffet lines, beer kegs, unsellable alcohol and childish games. It's the fucking 21st century for crying out loud. Some customs and practices are just a complete waste of time. Just like some (spineless) dogs should be put to sleep and spare the rest of the world any further grievances... sadly, idiots/morons still run rampant!

However things have been turning out for you... hope your Christmas does not suck as bad. Actually, I'm having fun bitching about the general stupidity that reign supreme.



By the way, were was everyone last night? River Valley Green's "BYOB" gathering and then Ferry "Microphone Junkie" Corsten. How I know? Perhaps it's because I bother to climb outside the well? Like DUH?!

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Progressive Tuition said...

quick get your ipod touch jailbroken!!! :D

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Progressive Tuition said...

ok fuck. that was in facebook.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

hahaha... never read properly... ;p

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Benesia said...

kena "snook"??! ;P

-----------

The elmo is fun :)
Lets have a gay elmo party.. I'll get mine to participate ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home