Friday, December 14, 2007

Oh well...

Finally I solve a mystery that's been bugging me for months. Where the fuck are the usual bottle drinkers that come to my gigs? Where the hell are the horde that have packed out to full house capacity during my previous two residencies? Only a handful have been coming regular to the club.

I called a handful up today and they reverted...

"The bottle pricing at your club is damn expensive!"
"Bigger clubs like Zouk and MOS don't even charge that high!"
"What the fuck dude? Hennessy OX at $290? Night club is it?"
"Bro, no offence but... expensive to drink and no vibe!"
"I can spend the same amount elsewhere and get a better night out!"
"Dude, the music cannot make it..."



Know what? My hands are tight. Yes, people should go on market surveys and check out on the issues that matter and not how a certain bar is organized or how a fucking cocktail is made. Economics... pricing and positioning... having a product that meets consumer expectations and demands. Anyway, I really can't be arsed to teach old dogs new tricks. I can only do so much. I can't help it if personnels don't see the bigger picture of the overall F&B / clubbing industry.

Come February... the heat is will be even hotter!


Nonetheless guys, I thank you for the superb past support at Centro / Liquid Room as well as those independent gigs I've done. No offence taken. At least you're being honest and I appreciate it. I'm sorry that I've failed in pass on the very successful "giving-back-to-the-punters" formula. Anyway, it's also a blessing in disguise, in some degree, because you know thus far, only one local brand night has been pulling it off time and time again. 'nuff said!

At the moment, I feel like I'm in a car with no petrol or engine. Going on empty. Lost the drive BIG TIME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home