Saturday, December 22, 2007

Progressions... the aftermath!



I forgot that I might see,
So many beautiful things.
I forgot that I might need,
to find out what life could bring.

My personal gratitude to every single soul that made their way down to Ministry Of Sound (Singapore) and joined us in what seems to be an endless night of grins, smiles and lots of perspiration! The gig was what I sorely needed to reinstate my self-confidence and belief in what I do, as well as to know that I'm once again proving the critics wrong that I was right in chosing the path of Trance as my weapon of choice.

Well, what can I say but to THANK YOU ALL! There was a brief moment that tears actually rolled down my face. It wasn't the adoration, it wasn't the response (which was bloody fantastic!)... it was the sheer fact that after so many years of ups and downs, here I stand once again with my people... as one with me on this aural journey. The last time I was overwhelmed with emotions was when I first played for Gatecrasher but in the defunct Centro.

As always, nothing beats a room full of up-for-it musically-inclined punters... cheering you on with every tune you drop, giving you cheers of approval... and basically letting go like there's no tomorrow. It was such great! And not very often anyone gets to see me that wasted and plastered at the end of the night... going around the entire club to thank each staff personally.

Just when you think you've seen us at our best... a night like that happens and the benchmark is pushed even higher. I'm proud of the Progressions brand and how it has grown to be such a clubbing lifestyle institution. And we really couldn't have done it without you... the people on the dancefloor :)

And it's very encouraging to see regular mates as well as new faces coming up to me and giving us the vote of confidence. Hell, I even saw people I haven't seen for ages! I'll never forget last night. Not in a million years. And let me be blunt to say that I crave for it constantly and I feed on it! It's one of those needs that you can never suppress.

My personal gratitude to my long time mate / business partner P@t for taking such great articulate care of Progressions. It's been too long since I last DJed with him and in my opinion, a great ease in terms of chemistry... contributing to yet another notch in the book of memorable gigs.

Here are some videos and pix courtesy of Jes, our awesomely decked-up camera-person; as well as a couple more from Alyssa Sidek. And for those yet to join our Facebook Group, please do so to gain access to freebies (i.e. last night's promo mix CD), updates and etc.






"FUCKIN' FANTASTIC NIGHT! FILLED WITH ENERGY!
havent had such good fun for a fuckin long time!
cheers! till the next one!" - DarreN NerraD





"def one of the best nights ever!
AWESOME MAN. cheers!

ALWAYS leave me craving for more!
I'll be there for your next one for sure haha" - Ryan Lee Chin Yao





"had an awesome banging time.
Yukun never fails to amaze man!" - Tee Yu Xuan



"still the best~~" - PHDJhon







More videos in the Progressions Facebook group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home