Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm going through changes or destruction?


Here I am, I can't give you anything
Here I stand, I can't turn away
Here I am, don't want to cause you pain
Here I stand, alone and on my own again


The more I divert BACK into House music, the more it's making so much more sense... soulfully, that is. The above tune is about over two years old but the lyrics are just so heartfelt. And because of the genre's ability to evolved within a wide boundary range, old as the tune may be but it's downright timeless. Personally, it's a great tune to listen to anywhere! At the beach, on a rainy day, in the car, watching planes flyby, taking a shit, getting all emotional after too many drinks and etc.

Undoubtedly, soulful House has no market here in Singapore because the general clubbing audience don't have a soul for music. They just want big drum rolls, stupid euphoric synths, dirty sounding crap... and UMBRELLA! Speaking of which, I truly think people that really appreciate Rihanna are either born retarded or have suffered permanent head damage. I bet you didn't know the lyrics of that song was actually written by a monkey with a vocal stuttering illness.

Ah... speaking of retards... it's Saturday "Charity" night again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home