Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things you should never say to a DJ!



With each passing day, the people I deal with on a daily basis at work are refining the term "fucking stupid". I know some people are downright ignorant. Others are just born without common sense. Anyway... I'm getting really sick and tired. Whatever happened to forward-thinking?

On a lighter side, here are some things that have been asked at the club...

01. Play something good that we can dance to.
02. Play something with a "beat"!
03. I don't know what's the title but I want you to play it!
04. Everybody wants to hear this!
05. Nobody wants to hear this!
06. Everybody will dance if you play it!
07. I can get laid if you play it!
08. I want to hear it next1
09. What do you have?
10. Nobody can dance to this!
11. Play it next because we're leaving!
12. Please play "********", it's my birthday!
13. What time will you play it?
14. I know the boss of the club, please play my song now!
15. Can I DJ?
16. I'm a DJ also, you should play "*****" and mix it with "*****".
17. I'm the owner's wife and he wants you to play this song...!
18. Can you please play it again? I didn't hear it just.
19. Is it gonna be this music all night?
20. Can you play song No. 12 on CD 2 of "Best Hot Hits Vol. 5"?
21. Hey! Where can I buy drugs?
22. Can I leave my bag in here?
23. Where is the toilets??
24. Can you make an announcement that its my birthday?
25. How much should I pay you to play "*****"
26. Did you see the girl/boy I came in with?
27. Two gin tonics, please!
28. Do you have a pen?
29. Are you the DJ?
30. Can I plug my iPod and play MY music?
31. You should play "*****" and see how eveybody will dance!
32. Hey! This is a good track! Can I have the CD?
33. Can you play something faster
34. Do you have a microphone to shout out my birthday ?
35. You got any R&B and Hip Hop? (when playing house)
36. Can I look through your music/cds/records?



p/s the only Chicane I know is...

... and that's all that matters. Period.
Speaking of which,
the classic "Offshore" is set for a re-released soon... again!

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Progressive Tuition said...

ahh that chicane track.. love it to bits and pieces.. :D

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger kaicid said...

haha my very first gig at Sessions in Phuture and this dude came to me and asked me to announce his friend's bday at 12 midnite........

what a cracker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home