Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy bird-day to you...



Blah, blah, blah... Majullah SingaBORE-rah! Now blow the fucking candles and get on with it!!!

Here's to more unwarranted tax increases, more ridiculous penal codes, more summons, more pointless campaigns, TWO more bloody in-camp trainings and even more boredom on this "party" island!

Can't believe that there are stupid wankers actually willing to pay blackmarket prices for seats to the stupid repetitive National Day Parade. Different location, same old crap! Oh, the Apaches are making an appearance? Like big fucking hairy deal
!



Wanted really to see The Simpsons Movie today, after much "recommendation" that it's a hilarious flick and I should catch as it'll perk me up. Then again, it'll be packed everywhere today and it'll be a bit of a rush as I've got work later (what public holiday?). DOH!

Maybe Sunday then... if I'm not in a coma. Well, at least I finally got my hair cut yesterday.

In the meantime, some new options / projects just landed on my lap this afternoon. Details confidential so I'm not saying much.

On this memorable day, it was about 20 years ago that I caught the DJing bug and completely screwed up my A-Levels because of it. It's kind of strange because it seems like not that long ago when I bought my first vinyl (the soundtrack to the all-time classic Hip Hop docu-movie "Beat Street"). As I type this entry, I'm thinking of all the key moments that have made these past decade or so quite extraodinary. Let me try at the beginning...

Here's a list of memorable things in no particular order.

# of people who asked why i'm not playing at MOS this Friday: 73
# of times people asked why i'm not playing trance at the club: 87
# of people that asked why i can't be bothered: 19
# of people that actually know i can't be arsed with anything: 3
# of people that said i play better music now: 15 and counting!
# of places i've lived: s'pore, hong kong, japan, taiwan & london
# of times i've pointed my middle finger at someone: 14
# of fights: 14
# of times zouk made my night: about 46
# of times i got dead drunk: *still calculating*
# of times i've heard Blue Monday by New Order played: 15
# of Depeche Mode albums I own : all and several bootlegs
# of white label vinyls I have put out: 4
# of tracks released on compilations: 4
# of official remixes i've had released: 2
# of official mix albums i've put out: 7
# of music styles I've DJed since: 9
# of radio shows: weekly and one monthly mix
# of promo mix sets: about 180
# of nights i've DJ'd (approx): several thousand
# of S$ made from DJing approximately: S$120,000
# of countries i've DJ'd in: 38
# of gay clubs i've played in: 2
# of broken headphones: 6
# of vinyls owned: getting rid of all
# of technics turntables: 4
# of audio mixers: 3
# of keyboards bought: 4
# of computers i've had: 8
# of times i've walked on the beach with some girl: 2
# of ex-girlfriends: 4
# of times I got my heart broken: 4
# of girls calling me an asshole: 4
# of friends that have pissed me off: 3
# of assholes i've met: 3
# of ipods: 1 completely trashed
# of blogs postings: too many
# of times i thought i could fly: 2
# of true friends: looks at fingers on one palm

That's just some random information. I hope the next ten years are as mad and unforgettable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home