Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Not another mix tape!



Several people have asked why I've been so slack and not as productive as before in terms of churning out "promotional mix CDs". Well, firstly I don't really find that particular genre very fresh or creatively interesting at the moment so I don't see the point in promoting anything that does not really tickle my fancy.

For the past months, I've ventured into countless other styles of music (short of R&B and retro). And last Saturday, some foreigners actually asked for my mix CD because the tunes I played made them wet (or at least that's what I heard amidst the noise) and they said that my CD would be worth 5 slices of bread in some third world European countries. Oh wow! 5 whole slices! But in a fairness, it was pacy and energetic for like an hour or so and then it got all silly. Nonetheless, I decided to do a mix of roughly the tunes I played... which includes some of my current personal favourites as well as a shocker!



Veteran trancegods Solarstone's alter-ego Young Parisans is releasing an electro house tune... a wicked cover of an 80's tune called "Obsession". Like I said it all before, when Ferry Corsten shifted in style about more than a year ago that the face of electronic music is changing. So those that dared to embrace the new so-called "new frontiers", they're now enjoying a new lease of life and what is perhaps the most prominent and soon-to-be very dominant brand of dance music globally... today! Anyway, it's nothing new... just that some of you don't know it's there.

Limited copies will be made for a limited time, as usual. Not telling you where or how you can get it. Anyway, it's streaming now on this blogsite's media player (see right column). Only those in-the-know, and truly appreciate a broader sense of music may ask for a copy... that's if I haven't ran out of it by this Saturday. Afterall, I was promised a whole loaf of bread if I gave them 3 copies of the CD.


AUGUST PROMO MIX

Click on headphone icon to stream the mix.

01. PAOLO MOJO - 1983 (Eric Prydz Remix)
02. CICADA - The Things You Say (Invasion Remix)
03. YOUNG PARISIANS - Obession (Ecsobar & Vito Remix)
04. ROMAN PUSHKIN - Should I Stay Or Should I Go (Dub Mix)
05. KORTEZMAN & NORFERNI - I Don’t Want You Anymore (Phunk Mob Dub)
06. ARNO COST - Magenta (Original Mix)
07. JOE T. VANNELLI - Prelude (Optical Funk Remix)
08. DT8 - Hold Me Till The End (Dub)
09. ROOM 7 - Shores Under The Sun (Original Mix)
10. CHRIS NEMMO & ANDREE ESKAY - Affection (Dousk Dub Electro)
11. CHRIS KAESER - Only U (Original Mix)
12. THE ECLECTICS - The Party Don’t Stop (Sergio Matina & Jack Smeraglia Club Mix)
13. STONEBRIDGE - S.O.S. (Seamus Haji Remix)

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Dino said...

thank god for this treasure....cant get anything like this anywhere now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home