Sunday, April 29, 2007

For the final time...

For the sake of final clarification, for those that are still not updated, the club that I work for (eM Studio) is a House club. Meaning, expect all genre of House ranging from Deep House to Vocal House to Disco House to House Classics to Electro House to current House Anthems. Yes, I know what YUKUN is known for but please do not come and expect that I'm "known for" when it's a House Music-themed night... which is every Friday and Saturday... unless stated otherwise. Call it "mambo jambo" music or whatever... we're catering to the masses that like it.



As the print on the POS material says... "epitome of house". "Epitome" meaning "a vast amount of". "House" meaning, all floor-friendly House genres. I know this posting comes across as very harsh or condescending but sometimes, people with tunnel vision need that in order to understand the what the real world is about.

I do appreciate all the past valued support from all the Trance-heads. But for now, I need to do what I need to do... please understand that... which is... to make a living and keeping the majority of the patrons that come to the club happy with their regular dosage of House Music. Don't slam it because you don't get it. Coz the others on the floor get it.

I'll play what I'm known for in due time for special occassions and etc. Till then... thanks for reading and for having the maturity to understand that I need to survive too. I'm not compromising. I'm merely adapting and being versatile to what the club management expects in terms of music delivery.

Simple theory. It also applies for those that have ask why I don't play Trance on my Lush 99.5 FM shows... when the station has a before/after-hours "bar sound" music policy.

Go check out what Stingray (ex-Liquid Room resident), known for his banging sound, is playing at Attica every weekend now. Don't be too shocked as well. He drops pretty nifty R&B tunes when the club requires for him to do so. But at the end of the day, he's payed pretty well to play what the club wants and not what he wants. Sometimes in life, money talks. Realism of life.

But for those that have the ability to keep an open-mind about club music and are capable of accepting beyond their personal preferences, please do drop by over the weekends.

Cheers!

p/s I'm no longer a purist and that's why I'm getting paid every month... very decently! As my mentor told me once, "if you want to be a music elitist DJ, you'll only get ad hoc gigs. But if you're versatile and adaptable, you'll make a stable income."

4 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger razaq said...

there's a big difference in Boys and Men..... the games they play, the things the do, and the reasons they do it...

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

clap claps, nice post.

i'm "kena forced" to play elektro these days too.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

electro ain't too bad. why go against the grain when things can be so much easily when we go with the flow of things? protest leads to nothing.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger TRUST said...

well said at the last part!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home