Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Ugly Truth About Singaporeans!

Don't let the media or the Government fool you into thinking that this country (and it's foreign invaders) is gracious and law obiding. Everyone will try to get away with "murder" if given the opportunity. Socially, this country is utter shit. A simple thing like getting people to queue orderly is a feat that God has given up a long time ago.


You see it everyday. Some people will just adopt ignorance and be oblivious to everything else... and sneakily (or blatantly) cut the queue. At the subway, at bus stops, at food court... even if there are queue polls to "guide"... there will always be one or two who will be "blind". I see it everyday too, on my way to work at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal... especially Fridays when there's an excessive amount of travelers to Bintan and Batam. And there's always this particular breed of "Singaporean Aunties" as well as mainland Chinese "talents", who will fake ignorance... walk "aimlessly" and then before you can blink your eye, they've managed to sneak in front of the queue.

Well, I've had it. If no one is going to say a thing, I WILL! Which is what I did to one particular such character on Friday. As she was wavering towards the front of the queue, I shouted, "Hello! Lao (old) Auntie with red top, don't cut queue, ok?"

She pretended to be deaf so I walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulders and repeated what I said.

She replied, "oh, this is the front of the queue? I thought it was the back."

"Hello, Auntie. Want to tell lies, please try harder, can? You think we stupid is it?"

Then her husband came and ask why I'm making a fuss when the rest of the people are not. My reply to him?


Wrong day, wrong person to try and take advantage of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home