Sunday, August 09, 2009

What's the big deal?

We, the citizens of Singapore
pledge ourselves to serve the foreign people,
regardless of their race, language or religion,
to build a foreigner-dominated society,
leveraging on 66.6% Singaporean stupidity,
so as to achieve happiness,
prosperity and progress for our foreign talents.



It's 9 August. 44 years of independence. Hu-fucking-ray! Do I know the pledge? Who doesn't after being drilled with it during our formative years as youth.

"We the citizens of Singapore. Pledge ourselves..."

Err... damn it! I actually can't remember how it goes. Fuck that. Like anyone is really THAT patriotic. Truth be told, we're all here just trying to survive each day. Ain't got the time (or money to squander) by hanging the flag out the window, stand by the TV for pledge-taking, listen to badly composed "National" songs, or queue up just to score the pointless National Day Parade tickets. It's the bloody same every year, isn't it? I reckon that if they repeated the same broadcast of the parade last year, no one would even noticed it. Contingent standby, ministers in white arrive, the President inspects the parade, national anthem, helicopters fly-by... blah blah blah blah... end of parade, fireworks, singing of crappy nationalistic "hymns"... blah blah... different year, same old shit.


In fact, instead of the predictable annual fiasco, they should broadcast this instead... Hahaha... "No ERP". Mr Brown, hats off to you!!! In fact, all his insightful NDP 2009 "documentaries" should be made into a DVD collection. I SURE BUY! Must support local, mah... :p



And would I die for my country? Are you nuts? I would die for my bank account but not this overly-sanitized island that treats it's citizens as cash-cows.

So would you be just like any other gullible Singaporean and take the pledge at the proposed time today? I can't be bothered, I rather be nursing a cold beer.

Speaking of drinking... there was a bachelorette party at the 2nd floor of Majestic Bar last night. The whole place was decked out with balloons that looks suspiciously like penises... even the straws were not spared...



... the cheeky little imps even hired a male stripper.

(girls just wanna have fun?)

********************

p/s idiot of the week... "Yukun, I know the guestlist for Sied van Riel tonight is closed but can you help get me and my friends into the list?"

My reply was... "you already answered your own question. it's closed."

What's up with people and their LAST MINUTE decision? It's not like you've got shitloads of things to do on this uber-boring country that you have to wait till the day of the event to decide if you wanted to go. Idiot. Now go join the paying queue and suck your thumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home