Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's good to know...



You know what brings great joy to a DJ? It's not the drinks that people offer you or the amount of people that treat you like a frakkin' jukebox. It's the fact that every now and then, you're reminded that you're reaching out to beyond the circle of people you know and you're being appreciated for the work that you've been putting out.

A couple months back, Progressions was in Hanoi for one night. For me, it wasn't just about playing a gig there. It was about bridging cultures and languages through the power of music. Yesterday, I receive this on my Facebook wall...

"Yukun! mate! thanks for the add man! you music is quality - gives me GOOSE BUMPS! for real! absolutely love it!" - Tommy Mỳ Tôm Tran

Cảm ơn, Tommy. That really makes my day to know that many oceans away, there are people digging into what I do as a DJ. It certainly makes up for the times I get so bloody irritated by song requests at gigs here in Singapore.

We certainly hope to return to Vietnam eventually... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home