Sunday, February 08, 2009

What I hate about Lunar New Year

This superstitious custom of the Lion Dance ushering a year of wealth is utterly full of crap. The only thing you're likely to get is a fucking migraine. Thankfully, the 15 days of the Chinese Lunar New Year is coming to an end. I've had it with the bloody noise! I don't understand why these fuckers even have to bang away when they're on the road to their next victim... at 8 in the morning!


Gay (pink) Lion

There's really no skill in the gong, cymbal and drum playing. My neighbour's kids does an equally irritating job of banging on their mother's pots and pans... with their bare hands! It's just coordinated noise.

I for one, am not a keen fan of customs and practices. Thus I don't bother to visit relatives during this time... to avoid all the tedious questioning. And neither do I subscribe to COMMERCIALIZED "Hallmark" calendar dates like Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Christmas and etc. The number one thing I don't agree with is throwing a HUGE wedding dinner for all the relatives that you probably never seen before in your life. That particular custom has gone from stupid to fucking redundant.

It's Sunday. Excuse me for being negative and moody. I came home about 4 last night after work. Had a little to eat, showered and slept around 5.30 am. 7.30am, some fucking twat in the block decided to engaged the service of a Lion Dance troupe. I'm having a headache as big as the Esplanade. It feels as painful as this...


OUCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home