Saturday, August 23, 2008

The sofa is mine (for the weekend!)

Going to be an absolute couch potato this weekend. Technically, not MY COUCH. Yes, yes I know, I need to work towards having my own goddamn place (again)! Then again, my Dad's health is not improving much and he's due for another heart procedure this coming Wednesday. I've got to be around to make sure things are manageable. Thus that's one of the reasons I don't wish to work in a job that takes up a hell lot of my time. I've got elderly parents to take care of. No point spending half my time working and not being able to around them when they need me most. So screw WORKING HARD! Here's to WORKING SMART!

Anyways, this weekend's agenda is to watch the entire (and only) season of Kipnapped. Thank God for DVD rentals, I've gone through Battlestar Galactica, Invasion and Jericho in the past recent weeks. Maybe I should head for all nine seasons of X-Files after this. Too bad I can't get my hands on Family Guy, Flight Of The Conchords and Futurama.

Cheerios. Don't bug me about going out to club. I've got my weekend sorted. In a sad (solitude) way, actually. Hahahaha!


Speaking of sad, EUROPE is currently playing at the neighbourhood stadium, belting out with much gusto... their cheesy pussy rock hits like "Carrie" and "The Final Countdown". Ooops, it's a "traditional" Malay wedding. Damn! The band sounds really like the real thing... weak and sad. Every time I hear the opening riffs of "The Final Countdown", it reminds me of the equally lame-ass first course presentation at hotel ballrooms during company Dinner & Dances. Come to think of it, not a very appropriate song to play at a wedding, is it? And I thought I was cynical. Those sound-alike bastards! Kudos to them for keeping void-deck Rock alive and for dedicating "You Give Love A Bad Name" to the newly weds. Jeez, what were they thinking?

Rock never dies... it just got really bad!

p/s nice tune streaming on the site, eh? One for the "sundowners"!

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger kaicid said...

I have FAMILY GUY if you want. Its fucking funny.....

American Dad is cool too but a bit more adult and americano humour that may not be familiar with local audience..........

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger kaicid said...

and i live KIDNAPPED........ fucking sweet movie. Bloody shame they canned it. guess they were worried that another season of someone getting kidnapped again will be a tired and weary storyline but then again how come there is a fucking terrorist attack on the states in every season of 24? isnt that a neverending story too??????

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

family guy? you have how many seasons?

yah... actually they should carry on with kipnapped from where they left off because the story can developed from the "escaped" arch nemesis of the lead and well into the past of the missing sister.

season one, the twist of who's the mastermind was fucking expected, man!

24 is like a chore to bother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home