Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fall in...


I'll be going away this coming Wednesday till the next for the annual "pilgrimage"; or others might term it as a never-ending "jail" sentence. However one sees it, it's a change of pace, except that I'd probably still have to deal with an equally irritating amount of stupidity and idiocies. Anyway, don't expect much blog updates any time soon because army camps here have really bad internet connections and I'll be too pre-occupied trying to look busy so that no one bugs me.


What do I really do then? It's quite self-explanatory, isn't it? I carry shit loads of expensive gears that make me swagger when I walk. By vocation, I'm supposed to sniff out and disarm "exploding devices". Thus I can always tell if some wanker(s) is trying to throw curve ball or opening a can of smoke-grenade. But in all seriousness, how do we keep calm/cool/collected when on the job? See those suits? Inside, we're plugged into our iPods and we've got classical music. Really! OK, those with really bad taste will have Kenny G or Celine Dion.


Notably, anything with the word "EXPLOSIVE" is suppose get us all "excited" and trembling with joy. But like I really give a fucking toss to what I'm supposed to do! I'd rather take this opportunity to sleep the time away. So much for the country being in safe hands. Hahaha! Anyway, here's a light-hearted look at the chaps from the Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Engineers, who are described by the Armed Forces as "experts in explosive handling and disposal, and they risk their lives to remove explosive threats and clear unexploded munitions."

Yeah... riiiight! What a load of *&#&$!! So are these old photo scans from one of the Tri-Nation International Military Operations... eons ago!


EOD Special Patrol Insertion/Extraction

"Fucking entangled as usual!"


Wiring up for detonation

"Faster can? I want to go pee break!"


Australian EOD disarming an 80-series bomb

"We're fucked, mate. I think I pulled the wrong wire!"


Disarming an MK-81

"I wonder what will happen if...
I stick this rod up it's rear-end?"



Damn, I'm actually having a blast (pun intended) digging up old army photos... WHICH wasn't taken on any camera cellphone (disclaimer) whatsoever. And since we're on the topic of taking a piss...


"Dude, I think we're like really fucking lost!"



"And when you finish shitting,
use these to wipe your ass!"
- WO (something, something) Ivan Lee



"Are you a SEAMAN?"
(OK, this is a really stale Navy joke)


This pix has GAY written all over it!

"You've got a bit of cum on your chin, boy!"

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger razaq said...

"Mari kita rakyat Singapura......." - sing it loud and proud......!! with all the coordinated hand moves..... someone did it long ago in SAFEC, khatib camp. Now he's free as a bird.... Big Bird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home