Monday, November 20, 2006

In the army...

I know one or two chaps that I've gotten to know, through the gigs I do, that will be enlisting for their national service soon. As with the tradition, the soon-to-be recruits will try and seek "advise" and "tricks" from those that have completed their stinct.

So what was it like for me?

Can't really tell you much as I don't wish to deal with the sensitive national security issues. All I can say is that besides the really trendy camouflage uniform, I wore a "walking oven" suit. We ran around a lot, shooting and blowing things up. And for the record, to me, it wasn't about fulfilling a duty or having national pride. It was more like an initiation into manhood, a rite of passage, camaraderie... and blowing things up!

It was over about more than decade for me, thus the black and white photo. But I guess the army of today is much more "humane" now. Still regimental but a lot of things are phased out. Very much a walk-in-the-park as compared to the time I was in it.

Like most of the men that have gone through it, till today, I still fondly talk about my time in the army and how I "smoked" my way through it. But in all seriousness, nothing quite matches up to the first time when you... shoot your gun!

Pure orgasmic delight :p

But if any of you decides to "sign on" because you can't get a civilian job, please come to me and allow me to slap you across your goddamn head!

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Progressive Tuition said...

..and after he went thru the rite passage of manhood..and blowing things up..he gets blown.. :P

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

oei!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home