Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crashing Out!

The saying is true about "one being born every minute". One idiot, that is. Recently, another fly-by-night promoter attempted yet another failed venture. The event, boasting a has-been international brand and a DJ line-up that would only interest the uninitiated, clashed with an event I was organizing.

To be completely honest, I was the brand's ex-ambassador and I certainly know that it's heydays are gone. It no longer represented today's Trance scene. It's just a sad excuse to squeeze money out of clueless punters. So was I worried? No... because at the end of the day, I know I'm going to say...



Whatever I predicted happened. Bad set-up due to inexperience. Mediocre draw due to a pathetic DJ line-up. Untested venue. Which all led to the inevitable loss of a huge sum of money. Want our opinion of what went wrong? EVERYTHING and the lack of MARKET RESEARCH. Apparently, God wasn't on their side after all.

Funny thing is that those punters that paid money to attend, despite the disappointing turn-out and bad audio incident, they tried to console themselves by saying, "it ain't THAT bad because the transport logistic was very good... and I took pictures with the DJs."

Say what you want. Elsewhere, we were making history and ushering in 2010 in memorable style. So do you trust US in what we do, or some cracker-jack that has no track record whatsoever? And do you want me to repeat myself again... I TOLD YOU SO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home