Saturday, October 18, 2008

Time to kick back...

SMS : "Hey Yukun, you working this weekend?"

Reply : "Nope. Where got time!!?"

I can't remember the last time I actually had to work during weekends but for a while it was for the longest time ever. It was bloody torturous and downright demoralizing. Your friends, loved ones and family are off and you can't spend any time with them. It indirectly killed my passion and interest and made me very disillusioned with DJing and clubbing industry. Of course, other factors contributed to that outcome as well. And because of that, I decided to stop lying to myself and flick the middle finger to a never-ending road of frustration that meant very little in terms of future development.

To work hard or to work smart? I think it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, unless you're equally starry-eyed like I was. I thank God because now I only work a 4-day work week starting from 11am - 5pm and that gives me loads of time to...



Having the time to laze is indeed a luxury that many don't have the privilege to do so. I'm going to savor the moment... for the entire weekend and plonk myself in front of the TV and catch up on the huge stack of DVDs that I've yet to watch. Don't envy me. You too can make the choice... to be a slave to the system or to live your life? How long to you want to spend 3/4 of your life working a dead-end job? When are you going to enjoy life? When you're frail and weak?

Remember the golden rule to being a complete sloth :

"There is always tomorrow."

I've wagered money on Chelsea to beat the crap out of Middlesbrough tonight so it's going to be quite an enjoyable laze on the sofa :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home