Saturday, March 17, 2007

Phunky Friday!

Note to self.

Never EVER, order the "meatball & spaghetti" at any Italian eatery, especially at Spaghetti's. I've been kindly reminded that they look like bull's testicles in Fear Factor. I don't know what those taste like, not that I ever want to find out, but last night's meatballs were "yucky" for sure. Why the hell did they have to make them so big? Anything for than a mouthful is excessively distasteful.



Wahoo... managed to borrow BEAT STREET, my all-time favourite classic flick from the Eighties. Cheers Razaq for the DVD! It's being "backed-up" as I type this. How old were you when this was released? I was like... erm... really young and impressionable then. This was when Hip Hop was real without all that bling-bling, pseudo-gangsterism and moronic hola-ing. It was an inspiring movie for the early 80s Hip Hop era. From breakers to graffiti artistes, from to DJs to music makers, from the street lingo to the illegal free parties. Well, it certainly did influenced me enough in all the above areas. Thus it lead to what I'm doing today, living a childhood dream... so to speak, although it's much different musically. It was one of the best movies to date that manages to capture and document a glimpse of the New York ghetto youth culture. Plus, it had the originators like Afrika Bambaataa, Melle Mel, Rock Steady Crew, New York City Breaks, Doug E. Fresh, Kool Mo Dee and Kool Merc. Talk about "keeping it real" or what? You ain't a B-Boy or a Fly-Girl if you ain't seen this. I'm so watching this... on Sunday. Don't worry, I won't be busting a move and breaking a bone in the process. Hahaha!

"If art is a crime, may God forgive me"


Was at the launch party of the Smirnoff Green Apple Twist at eM By The River. I just love launch parties. If you like Martini's, you'll probably like this. It's fruity and the scent is appetizingly fresh. It's lethal if you gulp thinking that it's sweet-tasting concoction. I can't remember how many I had but I woke up this morning feeling really dehydrated. I better like drink a ton of water now as I have Session #7 of physical training later at 4pm. Damn, I shouldn't have touched those ciggies last night. I feel so sinfully unhealthy now.

And I hate overly chatty cab-drivers. Just shut up already! Do your driving and let me get some shut-eye, pleeeasse! But anyway, upon reaching my doorsteps, I had this incurable urge to go do a remix of Zero 7's "Home". Not anytime soon though.



Tonight, P@t is playing Bossa & Funk at One Rochester from 10pm - 2am. I'll be doing a late 3-hour set at eM Studio from 1am - 3am, playing some tuff-tribal with a hint of dirty electro thrown-in and leading towards some trademark trance. Have a good weekend, folks... till the next long-winded post, here are some FACTS that no one really bothers about... :p


Today Did You

01. Talk to a boy / girl you like?
Yeah, she sounded sexily sleepy.

02. Learn anything new? Yes, that chatty cab-drivers are all going to Hell.

03. Talk to an ex? Nah.

04. Miss someone? Yah, but it's ok, meeting up later.


Last Person Who

05. Laid in your bed?
Me, myself and... I!

06. Made you cry? I don't wanna, talk about it. Haha!

07. You went to the movies with? ;)

08. Went to the mall with you? Same person that I went to the movie with ;)

09. You showered with? "Dar."

10. Who made you laugh? Mel Tektile. "My heart will go on and on..."

11. Who said I love you? Dearie.


General Stuff

12. Favorite location?
In front of 2 Pioneer CDJ 1000s.

13. Tattoo? Still thinking about it.

14. What are you most scared of this second? Dying.

15. Where do you want to get married? Not in a hotel ballroom.

16. Who do you like? None your buisness.

17. Does anyone like you? Yes Yes YES!

18. Do you like being around people? When I'm in the mood. Just don't ask me stupid ass questions to piss me off.

19. Have you ever cried? Too many times.

20. Are you lonely right now? Yes. *puppy eyes*

21. Song stuck in your head? "My heart will go on" HAHAHAHA!!!

22. Been on radio/TV? Yes to Radio. TV no.

23. Ever liked someone who treated you like crap? Yes. Grrrr!

24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? None. It's too warm.

25. Name three things that you do every day? Shave, shower and shit.

26. How much cash do you have on you right now? Enough.

27. Are you bored? Just very tired.

34. Whats your favourite movie? For now, it's 300.

35. What web site do you visit the most? Don't have any faves.

36. Do you have plants in your room? Nope.

37. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My back. Old army injury.

38. Who was the last person to hug you? "Dar".


Secrets

01. What's your current relationship status?
I'm not telling!

02. Honestly, if someone were to tell you how they felt, would you listen? Depends on what it's about. I might laugh first.

03. What's you current mood? Dry and tired.

04. What's your most valued possession? My ears.

05. How are things in your relationship? Fine but could be with some situational changes.

06. If you could go back in time and change something, would you? Hell yeah! I'll make sure none of the law-making monkeys get elected!

07. If you had to be an animal for one day, what would you be? A jaguar and I'll prey on the weak.

08. Ever had a near death experience? Yeah. And it's not cool.

09. Name someone with the same birthday as you? Princess Diana.

10. Have you ever stood infront of a large audience. Like duh... yeah!

11. What do you usually order from Starbucks? Cappucino, Mocha or Latte. Depending on my mood.

12. Do you still watch cartoons or kiddy movies? Yes I do and proud of it!

13. Name something that happened to you today? I woke up feeling like the Sahara!

14. Do you speak any other language? Dirty Talk. Fluently.

15. Is there someone on your mind now? Yes.

16. What hurts you at the moment? My freaking back.

17. What do you wish for? It's something private. I'm not gonna tell you :p

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

sadly, the only we can break now is our bones :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home