Thursday, November 26, 2009

Singaporeans are just a dumb lot!



One wonders why most Singaporeans cannot think out-of-the-box. The answer is plain simple. Most of them are just born with a one-track mind. Here's what happened this morning at work during lunch...

A typical Singapore heartlander "auntie" was in the buffet line, trying to cook her ALREADY cooked noodles in a cauldron of lukewarm water. I asked her how long do the rest of us have to wait for her to finish and she replied, "30 minutes."

"WHAT?"
"The waiter said the water not boiling yet and must wait 30 minutes."
"So you're just going to let your noodles soak in the water of 30 minutes?"
"Yah lah! Not boiling how to cook?"
"But it's already cook?!!"
"I want to make sure, can?"
"Auntie, tell you what, can you let me go first, I'll take 10 seconds."
"But the water not boiling!"
"I know, you let me go first, I'll show you."

She removes her noodles out of the scoop net that was sitting in the cauldron of slightly warm water. I take the scoop net, empty my noodles into it, walk the NEXT cauldron of boiling chicken broth and proceed to warm-up the noodles. She looks at me in disbelief and with a gaping mouth.

What? Did I do wrong? Nobody said we couldn't warm up the noodles with the broth. Stupid woman, never remember what Phua Chu Kang said... "use your brain!"


1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Keishi said...

Wah la! where's this buffet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home