Thursday, January 04, 2007

Scotty, It's Mr Bond!

Remember the mayhem on 22nd November 2003?
Space 2020 : Yukun vs Scott Bond @ Centro

It went on till way past closing time. Boy, we were so sloshed by the end of the night! Scott was lying inside the DJ booth after his last tune. Those were the days! I kind of miss that sort of club vibe. I don't look forward to gigs today as much as I used back then. Some how, the scene has lost that "moment x" magic. Don't we all miss Centro?

Scott, your secret is no longer safe. I've TWO words for you... "Hello Kitty!"

Welcome back, mate!



And the tune of the moment back then?
"3rd Earth" by Scott Bond & Solarstone

For the record, SPACE 2020 was a brand name conceptualized by Michel Lu, marketed by Centro and spearheaded by me. It kicked started to a full house capacity in 2 August 2003 with Above & Beyond. The subsequent ones saw guests like Lange, Pulser, Solarstone and Matt Darey. It also made a brief tour to Centro Jakarta on 31 January 2004 with Kennerve and me. Just thought I'd share some local clubbing history. Shamefully, those days, we've yet to embrace the digital technology and were still using VINYLS.

7 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger P@T said...

ok noted .. will head down to MoS on Friday bah

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger TRUST said...

Centro gives the birth of Yukun, that's when I started to hear this name...missed those good old days when I might still be doing retro-dancestyle to trance! Let's progress....

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

MOS and Centro are two completely entities altogether. I won't comment much but those in-the-know will understand what I mean. I doubt anything can come close to the moments we had at Centro. P@t, you played there before, you know what I'm referring to.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

Notably, back at Centro. No one bothered much about how cool or how they danced. People was there soaking into the vibe. Most importantly, no one REQUESTED for tunes.

Hard to explain. All that is lost in today's scene. Today's clubbers are somewhat too conscious. If you ask me, I think clubbing times are bleak despite all the over-hyped glitz and crap.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

Three words... TOO BRAND CONSCIOUS!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Giogio Armani, if he comes, I will go... lol..

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Adminstrator said...

Very funi Mr Kwan Yang... :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home